Salary: L5-L9 £57,280 to £62,349
(permanent position from 1st January 2024)
St. Stephen’s CE Primary School serves a diverse community, providing a creative curriculum and learning opportunities in an attractive environment in which children and adults can work together.
The Deputy Headteacher is part of the Senior Leadership Team and will work closely with the Headteacher and others on the SLT to ensure that the school continues to be a great place to work and learn.
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated Primary Deputy Head who is enthusiastic, creative, committed and dynamic professional to work closely with all our staff to build on the recent successes of the school. We would like the candidate to have high expectations of pupil achievement and an excellent grasp of understanding data.
You will play a lead role in providing vision, leadership and direction for the school and helping to secure continued and sustainable school improvement.
The right candidate will motivate and inspire all our staff plus;
- Be a qualified teacher, with demonstrable experience at leading a department or may already be part of the leadership team in their current school.
- Be responsible for the standards and curriculum of all pupils including monitoring of progress towards achievement
- Be a team player with a positive attitude, flexibility and drive is essential.
- Be an effective communicator with excellent organisation and management skills is needed.
- Have excellent Literacy and Maths knowledge and be keen on their own professional development.
- Be very well organised, enthusiastic about teaching and learning, and have the drive to work collaboratively towards the school’s continued success.
We can offer a creative approach to the curriculum, supportive colleagues, the opportunity to work with our delightful children who enjoy learning, and a team who are dedicated to the achievement of all children.
Please download a Southwark Diocesan application form and supporting documents below.
Please email your completed application form to Diana Abiri-Noah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application: Sunday 8th October 2023
Shortlisting: Monday 9th October 2023
Interviews: Tuesday 17th October 2023
St Stephen’s School is committed to safeguarding children, and this commitment is reflected in our recruitment processes. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Further information about the disclosure can be found at www.gov.uk/dbs.