PARENT GOVENOR VACANCY
A vacancy has arisen for a parent governor on our governing body. The governing body is asking you to nominate someone with parental responsibility for a child at the school by Friday 17th September 2021. If we receive more than one nomination, then a ballot will be held the following week.
Before you decide to nominate someone, or indeed stand yourself, you may want to know a bit more about what is involved.
Governors need not be experts in the field of education. What they do need is an interest in the school and in the welfare of our children and the time and willingness to get involved. Governors also need what is known as ‘soft skills’ – the ability to be able to build relationships with a range of people, to be able to work as part of a team, to be able to question, and to make connections between different types of information. The skills you have can be very useful to the governing body.
If you are someone with the required experience, please consider applying.
Our governing body expects governors to
- attend one termly meeting of the full governing body
- sit on the Achievement and Partnership committee and attend the meetings which are usually once term
- visit the school formally for monitoring purposes at least once a term.
- visit the school informally at least three times a year
- commit to attend training courses, when necessary.
In return, our governing body commits to
- provide you with an induction
- provide access to quality training via Lambeth Council.
- provide you with an experienced governor as mentor
- provide informal feedback on your contribution to the governing body on a bi-annual basis
MAKE YOUR NOMINATION ON THE FORM BELOW
PARENT GOVERNOR FORM
If you would like to find out more about how you can contribute to governance at our school, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and your details will be passed on to the chair of governor’s who will then arrange a time for a conversation.